- Why is it important to inspect the floor before installation?
- Claims cannot be made in retrospect for obvious faults that may, or should, have been noticed before installation.
- Why must I lay plastic sheeting on a subfloor of concrete?
- This prevents moisture in the concrete from rising and damaging your floor. On floors with underfloor heating and with concrete floors, a 0.2mm ageing resistant plastic sheet (PE sheeting) is laid with a 20cm overlap. It is vital that the subfloor is properly cleaned so that mould doesn’t form under the plastic. A good (but more expensive) alternative to plastic sheeting is a ventilated damp proof membrane.
- Why does the floor rise (bubble)?
- The distance between the floor and the walls is too short. Wood is a living material that shrinks and swells when moisture in the room changes with the temperature and the time of year. Therefore always leave around 10mm distance from the walls and any permanent feature (for instance, door frames, pillars, heating pipes and stoves) so that the floor can expand and move freely. Read the laying instructions carefully.
- How can I pay?
- We accept Mastercard, Visa, American Express, invoice or part payment as a payment method. When paying by card, money is withdrawn from your account directly once the order has been placed. When paying by invoice, we send the invoice separate from the delivery. The invoice amount must reach Bjelin within 14 days. Companies have 20 days net terms.
- What charges are incurred when I buy from you?
- When you choose to pay by invoice there is an administrative fee of 5 Euros.
- What’s the delivery time when I buy goods from you?
- Items that are stored at our warehouse will be delivered in 1-7 working days. Orders received before 12:00 midday on a working day, and are in stock, are normally sent out that same day. After which the consignment takes between 1-5 working days depending on the delivery address. The delivery company will normally get in touch with you before delivery and you will be offered a delivery time which best suits you. We do everything we can to deliver your item as quickly as possible. However, there can sometimes be delays for various reasons. You will be informed of these delays by e-mail.
- What is the charge for delivery?
- Shipping charges vary depending on the country, and for many countries the final charge for delivery can be seen when you go to the checkout at www.bjelin.com. If you don’t see a delivery charge at www.bjelin.com then you can request a quote from email@example.com or call us on +46 771 101099
- How do I go about changing or cancelling an item?
- Get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on +46 771 101099 and we will help you.
- How do I make a claim for delivery?
- If you receive a faulty or incorrect item, then Bjelin will pay the delivery charges in the event you have to return any item. Get in touch with us within 14 days after you have received the item at email@example.com. You can also call us on +46 771 101099 if you have any questions. We will then send you return shipping documents so that you can return an item without incurring any charge. Obviously we will send you a replacement item at no extra charge. If the item is no longer available then we will then we will repay you to the equivalent value of the item.
- I’ve sent items back to Bjelin. How do I get reimbursed?
- Any repayments are principally made to your bank account, personal account or bank giro account or otherwise by issuing a credit advice note. Any payment is normally made within 30 working days once we have received and approved your return.
CARD PAYMENTSWe return money to your account as soon as we have received the returned item. Bjelin sends you an e-mail to confirm the return and that the amount has been reinstated to your account. Bear in mind that money is returned on the same date that the credit transaction was made. It can take up to 5-7 banking days for it to show up in your account.
PAYMENTS BY INVOICEIf you are paying by invoice then you adjust the payment for return yourself on the invoice we have sent you. You only pay for the items you retain. Bjelin does not issue you with a new invoice.
- Can I order goods from abroad?
- Yes but we debit you for shipping and export charges. Get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can work out a price.
© Copyright 2018 Bjelin Sweden AB, Sibyllegatan 38, 114 43 Stockholm, Sweden
Tel: +46-771-101099, E-post:email@example.com